ZTL - Information
LTZ - LIMITED TRAFFIC ZONES are active:
Monday - Friday: from 6.30 am to 6.00 pm (Trastevere LTZ: Mon-Sat: 6.30 am - 10.00 am);
Saturday: from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm;
Tidentino LTZ - Limited traffic zone:
- Monday to Thursday: 10.00 am - 8.00 pm;
- Friday and Saturday: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm;
City Centre LTZ - Limited Traffic Zone (City Centre, Monti, Testaccio and Trastevere districts)
- Friday - Saturday: also from 11.00 pm to 3.00 am;
NIGHT LTZ in Trastevere:
- March 30, 2012: active from 9.30 pm to 3.00 am on Fridays and Saturdays;
- May - October 2012: active om 9.30 pm to 3.00 am on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays;
- November 2012 - April 2013: active from 9.30 pm to 3.00 am on Fridays and Saturdays;
Night LTZ in San Lorenzo from March 30, 2012:
- November - April: active from 9.30 pm to 3.00 am on Friday and Saturday;
- May - July: active om 9.30 pm to 3.00 am from Wednesday to Saturday;
- September - October: active from 9.30 pm to 3.00 am from Wednesday to Saturday.
In August the Night LZT (Limited Traffic Zone) are not active.
With an exemption of 4,2 square km the limited traffic zone of the Municipality of Rome is one of the most vast of Europe.
To the original center have been added, in these years, important portions of the city, in particular the ones of which the balance between liveability, value of the urban fabric and traffic which were strongly unbalanced in favour of the last one.
The objectives of this politics of regulation of the accesses are clear: protect the immense historic and archeologically heritage of our city, to protect the quality of live of whole districts and to incentive the use of public transport to favour the diminution of the pollution of the environment.