Typology: Non Parish Church
Address: Via del Seminario, 120
Zone: Rione Colonna (Pantheon-Montecitorio-Barberini) (Roma centro)
Telephone: 0039 06 6798041
The first data go back to C. XII. The churchwas firstly entrusted to the Domenicani in 1279 and then given up to theConfraternita dei Bergamaschi in 1538, who dedicated it to SS. Bartolomeoe Alessandro, patron saints of Bergamo. It was then rebuilt between 1577 and 1579 on the basis of a drawing byFrancesco da Volterra. In 1726, upon being transferred to the Jesuits’jurisdiction, it was named after S. Macuto. The facade is based on two orders with a entryportal crowned by a tympanum in the lower part. In the upper order one finds abig serliana. The interior’s plan has a single nave. On theside altars there are two paintings by Michelangelo Cerruti (1667-1748).