1. What services can you expect by calling the 060608 Contact Centre or visiting our web site?
The 060608 Contact Centre is open daily from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm, for the cost of a local call.
The service provides tourist and cultural information of only the City of Rome.
Through the service, you can also buy by credit card tickets for museums, theatres and events, and collect them at the box office.
060608 provides detailed and updated information on urban transport and mobility.
The www.060608.it website, through interactive maps and aerial photographs, allows easier tracking of events and structures.
For further information on:
- Train timetable and fares and suburban railways, please visit Trenitalia official website: www.trenitalia.it
- Out-of-Town bus schedules and fares, please visit Cotral official website: www.cotral.it
- The easiest way to reach your destination in Rome, please visit ATAC official website: www.atac.it
- Demonstrations and political events, please call +39 060606
- ZTL (Traffic Limited Zone) and permits: www.atac.roma.it and/or +39 060606
- AMA, ACEA, ENIT etc., please call +39 060606 or visit the official website of the company in question
- Fines, call +39 060606
- Health cards, call +39 060606
- Municipal phone numbers and contacts, please call +39 060606
- Administrative and institutional information, please call +39 060606
2. What can I book and/or purchase through the 060608 Contact centre?
- Guided tours, admission and workshops to Civic Museums for schools
- Guided tours and admission to Civic Museums for groups
- Shows and events held at the Planetarium
- Workshops, birthday parties and educational activities at Technotown
- Workshops and educational activities at Casina di Raffaello
- Events managed by our Contact Centre (when expressly indicated)
- Archaeological Monuments (only for cultural associations and/or groups)
By calling +39 060608, you can purchase:
- the Roma Pass: the tourist card of the City of Rome (see also FAQ n° 10). Our operators rely on www.romapass.it for the purchase.
- tickets for theatres, concerts, events, museums by credit card (FAQ n° 3). The 060608 service is delivered through the online ticketing system provided by the event organizers. A booking fee is applied when deemed necessary by the online ticketing system. Additional fees and charges are specifically mentioned by our operators during the transaction.
The advance purchase service provided by our Contact Centre is completely free.
Purchase conditions vary according to the ticketing system used.
The ticketing system used by our Contact Centre are:
3. What are the purchasing conditions?
The personal data provided by the customers will be treated in compliance with the Italian Legislative Decree 196/03 and subsequent modifications and integrations.
To purchase tickets you need a valid email address and a credit card.
Purchase conditions are the same provided by the online ticketing system.
A necessary condition for the purchase of tickets through our operators is to disclose some personal data, a credit card number, the password and any security code provided by bank (secury code, verify visa, etc).
Personal bank details are protected by the online ticketing system used for the transaction.
The credit card we accept are those accepted by online ticketing system used for the transaction.
After the transaction is concluded the ticketing system will send an email confirmation, with a reservation code and, where applicable, the description of the event purchased, the date and number of the seats.
Tickets can be collected at the venue box office the day of the show, following the procedures reported on your confirmation.
We recommend that you print a copy of the confirmation email. To collect the tickets, customers will be asked to show the confirmation email and a valid ID of the person responsible for the collection.
If you are buying tickets for someone else, the delegated person must show an authorization letter and a photocopy of a valid ID of the purchaser.
If you do not receive the email confirmation, please contact the 060608 Contact Centre.
No refunds will be given if you cannot attend the event. Tickets not collected will not be refunded.
In case of cancellation of the event, the refund will be issued by the promoters of the event.
4. Can I get these tickets delivered to my home address?
Where permitted by the product purchased, the ticket home delivery is an option, that may involve an additional cost to the purchaser, calculated when the related option is selected. The purchaser may indicate a delivery address for each order concluded.
The delivery service is provide by Info point Agis. For more details, please see www.060608.it/en/cultura-e-svago/luoghi-e-utilita-per-lo-spettacolo/biglietterie/info-point-agis.html
5. Can I receive visitor's promotional materials (brochures, maps, booklets, etc.) by regular mail to my address?
Unfortunately we are not able to send visitor's promotional materials.
However, in Rome there is a network of Tourist Information Points (PITs) located in the centre of the city, at the central station and at the airports which, besides assisting the tourist by answering questions about tourism, culture and hospitality in the city of Rome, distribute a free wide range of promotional materials, including the map of the city centre.
Our Information Points are open 365 days a year, from Monday to Sunday. They are situated throughout the City's historic centre, as well as in the main terminals servicing tourists to Rome.
PITs Opening Hours and Addresses: www.060608.it/en/accoglienza/servizi/servizi-turistici
Furthermore, during major trade fairs and conferences, a P.I.T. is open at the Nuova Fiera di Roma.
At the PITs you can also purchase the Roma Pass, the three-day tourist card that entitles the holder to free or discounted access to some of Rome's top museums, as well as free use of the public transport system (see www.romapass.it and FAQ n. 2).
To find an electronic map of the centre of Rome, please check: www.turismoroma.it
To find a map of the metro and all the info about public transport in Rome, please visit the official website of Atac: www.atac.roma.it, or call +39 06 57003.
By subscribing to the www.museiincomuneroma.it newsletter, provided in 4 languages, you will receive updated information about events end exhibitions held in the Civic Museums System.
For enquiries from Tourism Authorities and/or Institutions only, please write to
6. Can you suggest a restaurant and/or a hotel?
Please visit www.060608.it for a complete list of the structures located in Rome. If you click the Hospitality macro-area and then the Eating and drinking section, you will get all the information you need on historic cafes, fast food and luncheonettes, multipurpose venues, pizzerias, restaurants, pubs and taverns, restaurants, wine bars, trattorias and osterias.
7. How do I get an event or an accommodation listed on the website?
After due verification, we will upload an information file.
8. How can I distribute my promotional materials through the Tourist Information Points?
9. What is the Roma Pass? How and where can I purchase it?
The Roma Pass can be purchased on line by visiting www.romapass.it, and/or through one of our Tourist Information Points when you arrive in Rome, or through our 060608 Contact Centre, our operators will guide you through the best options, and indicate the most convenient pick up location.
When you purchase the Cards online, you are asked to select a place and date and for pick-up. Once you have completed the details you will receive a confirmation code. Please show your code and ID to one of our staff at the chosen pick-up location.
10. Are museums and public transport free with the Roma Pass? Do children have to buy the card?
Please check the current regulations governing admission to museums and archaeological sites run by the State at www.beniculturali.it/mibac/export/MiBAC/sito-MiBAC/MenuPrincipale/LuoghiDellaCultura/index.html
The public transport is free to children under 10 years of age. (For more details please check the ATAC official site: www.atac.roma.it).
11. What are the transportation options to and from the airport?
From the Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport: www.060608.it/en/trasporti/come-arrivare/in-aereo/aeroporto-leonardo-da-vinci-fiumicino-collegamenti.html
From the G.B. Pastine (Ciampino) Airport: www.060608.it/en/trasporti/come-arrivare/in-aereo/aeroporto-g-b-pastine-di-ciampino-collegamenti.html
12. Do I need permission to take photographs, videos or films in the City of Rome?
To rent locations or shoot films and documentaries in Rome and in the Lazio region you must, instead, contact the Fondazione Roma Lazio Film Commission, Via Caio Mario, 7 - 00192 Roma - Italy, tel. +39 06 32600128; Fax: +39 06 9799 0817; www.romalaziofilmcommission.it/ufficiocinema.php.
13. Can I reproduce photographic images or take photographs in museums and archaeological sites?
To shoot and/or reproduce photographic images you must submit a request to the museum or institution where the work of art of your interest is located. Some museums offer the opportunity to apply for permission for the photoreproduction on their websites:
Museo di Roma
Museo di Roma in Trastevere
Soprintendenza Speciale per i Beni Archeologici di Roma
Sovraintendenza ai Beni Culturali di Roma Capitale
You can also buy or reproduce photographic material following the instructions provided on the following sites:
Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo e la Documentazione
14. How do I get information and reports on the accommodation capacity in Rome?
Another useful website is www.ebtl.it, where you can purchase the latest statistics on tourism provided by Ente Bilaterale Turismo del Lazio (EBTL).
Surveys and statistics on State owned museums, monuments, archeological sites, archives and public libraries are available on the website of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities: www.statistica.beniculturali.it.
A survey on cultural resource conducted by the ISTAT (Italian National Institute of Statistics) is available at: http://www.istat.it/it/cultura-comunicazione-e-tempo-li.
A study by Unioncamere, carried out by Istituto Tagliacarne and promoted by the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, on the Integrated economic system of the cultural heritage is downloadable here: www.beniculturali.it/mibac/export/MiBAC/sito-MiBAC/Contenuti/MibacUnif/Comunicati/visualizza_asset.html_1713401058.html.
Statistics and surveys on Roma Capitale are available on the of the Department of Technological Resources webpage: www.comune.roma.it/was/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_21L?menuPage=/Area_di_navigazione/Sezioni_del_portale/Dipartimenti_e_altri_uffici/Dipartimento_risorse_tecnologiche_-_servizi_delegati_-_statistica/www-9-romastatistica-9-it/Pubblicazioni/&flagSub=