Monday-Saturday: 6.30 am - 12.00 pm (noon) // 4.00 pm - 7.15 pm;
Sunday: 7.30 am - 1.00 pm.
- Summer (July 20 - September 15): 7.30 am - 9.00 am – 6.30 pm;
- Winter (September 16 - July 19): 7.00 am - 7.30 am - 8.30 am - 9.30 am - 6.30 pm;
Sundays and Holidays:
- Summer (July 20 - September 15): 8.00 am - 9.00 am - 10.30 am - 6.30 am;
- Winter (September 16 - July 19): 8.00 am - 9.00 am - 10.30 - 12.15 pm - 6.30 pm;
Visits are not allowed during Masses.
Schedules are subject to change. Please contact the church before visiting.
The church was built by Giovanni Sallustio Peruzzi in 1566, continued by Ottaviano Mascherino, and completed by Francesco Paparelli in 1637. It sits on a place where once was an antique Roman pyramid considered Romulus’ tumb during the Middle Ages. The wide façade has two orders of pilaster strips, which divide it up in five spans where three portals and two niches open up. The three upper spans present, on the other hand, two blind windows and side joints. Above the main portal with marble columns, one finds a niche that holds the stucco group of the "Madonna con Bambino", dated C.XVIII. The interior, embodying a Latin cross, has a single nave, five chapels per side and a magnificent dome (by Mascherino), without a tambour (as the bombardiers of Castel Sant’Angelo asked so that it would not impede the shooting of the mortars placed on the castle’s bastions).