Typology: Non Parish Church
Address: Via degli Artisti, 41
Zone: Rione Ludovisi (Via Veneto) (Roma centro)
Enter your starting address
Telephone: 0039 06 4885359
Cappella De Sylva:
terminato il restauro, la cappella è visitabile su appuntamento dal lunedì al sabato dalle 10.00 alle 18.00 telefonando allo 064885359
S. ISIDORO DEGLIIRLANDESI In 1621, a group ofFrati Francescani Spagnoli,during the beatification of Isidoro (560-636),doctor of the Church, decided to build a center for their communallife during thebeatification of Isidoro (560-636), doctor of the Church. A year laterthey commissioned AntonioFelice Casoni the construction of a church and a convent toAntonio Felice Casoni. The building phase continuedin 1625 under the Padri Francescani Irlandesi , who recruited DomenicoCastelli to assist in engaged in the projectDomenico Castelli. The church was consecrated in 1686 and today itis the office of the Irish college. The facadefaçade, built by Francesco CarloBizzaccheri in 1704, has two parts, built byFrancesco Carlo Bizzaccheri in 1704, preceded by a double rampstaircase. In the upperpart, there is the statue of S. Isidoro and S. Patrizio, patron of the Irish people.. The interior, embodying a single nave,has four chapelsand a barrel shaped vault with four chapels.The roof is decorated with by Charles Andrèe’Van Loo’s fresco, depicting “Gloria di San Isidoro” (1729). Inside the Da Silva chapel DaSilva, based on Bernini’s design (1663), are one finds frescoesby Carlo Maratta (1625-1713). On the main altar, one finds a painting by Andrea Sacchi depicts entitled “ S.Isidoro e la Vergine” (1622). Adjacent are the Spanish cloister(1622-26) and the Wadding cloister (1630).