The church was built by San Giovanni Bosco with the assistance of Francesco Vespignani, between 1879 and 1887, under the papacy of Leo XIII. Wanted by Pius IX, it was the first parochial church of Rome capital. On the right is the hospital of the Salesians, where the saint operated during its trips to Rome between 1881 and 1884. The travertine facade, has a neo-Renaissance style. The lower part has an entrance portal with two smaller portals on its sides. The upper part has three windows between two couples of columns and ends with a triangular gable. The bell tower bears the statue of the Saviour made in golden copper (1931). The interior has three naves divided by granite columns. It is rich in marbles, stuccoes and paintings. The decorations of the decorations of the wooden ceiling, of the dome and the smaller domes on the lateral naves are by Virginio Monti.