S. MARIA IN VIA Thechurch is renowned for the Pozzo Chapel, which was raised during C. XIII so asto welcome the portrait of the Madonna that was retrieved in 1256. It was firstrebuilt in 1491 and then again in 1594 by Francesco da Volterra. In 1670Carlo Rainaldi completed the facade. The denomination “In Via” derives to itsvicinity to via Lata (today via del Corso), known as “La Via”. The facade embodies two orders. The first oneopens up in the middle with the entry portal sided by two windows. The upperpart presents a big window with balustrades and surmounted by a tympanum withpilaster strips. The interior embodies a single nave with fourchapels per side. Inside the first to the right one finds the Madonna del Pozzo(C. XIII - XIV), a fragment from a painting on tile. Not to be missed,in thechapel of the Annunciazione, the two canvases “Adorazione dei Magi” and“Natività” by Cavalier D’Arpino (1596).