SANT'ONOFRIO The church of Sant'Onofrio al Gianicolo was built during the second half of 1400. Its origine is due to Nicolò da Forca Polena, who moved on Monte Ventoso (part of the Gianicolo hill) in 1419, where he bought a vineyard and where the convent and the Chiesa di Sant'Onofrio were built. It offers a gracious arcaded porch, with trunks of columns and some antique capitals. On top of the entry portal one finds a lunette with the "Madonna ed il Bambino", fresco by Claudio Ridolfi (1600), along with other splendid frescoes by Domenichino. The inside is quite dark and has a single nave with cross vaults, sided by columns and ending with an apse, all decorated by frescoes by Domenichino and other important artists. Here one finds the monument to Tasso and the museum with his memoires. It also embodies a fountain from the 1800s.