SS. QUARANTA MARTIRI
Already existing in 1123, it was rebuilt in 1486 and restored in 1608, by the Arciconfraternita del Gonfalone. As it was handed to the Alcantarini, Architect Sardi rebuilt it almost contemporarily to the nearby convent (1744-1747), in obedience to the Padri Minori Scalzi della riforma di San Pietro. They thus entitled it to the Santi Quaranta Martiri. The church is also commonly known with the definition of San Pasquale Bylon. In 1738 Filippo V put it under the power of the Spanish Crown and ever since it has been inhabited by Spanish franciscans.