Closed Saturday, Sunday, August, 1 November and from 18 December to 7 January
The Museum of the Etruscan and Italic Antiquities was conceived in the fifties by the Etruscology scholar Massimo Pallottino. It was inaugurated in 1962 on the occasion of the Sixth International Congress of Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences. The collection consists of material that comes from the Exhibition on the Etruscan Art and Civilization in Milan in 1955 and from the Gorga Collection. The Museum is conceived mainly with didactic criteria and intends to get the visitor to know the peoples of the pre-Roman Italy through the exhibition of casts, city graphics and plastic models, temples and necropolises. A few original bronzes and ceramics are also exhibited.
Connections: Metro B - Policlinico Bus 310 - 492 Tram 19 - 3