Open from Monday to Saturday from 9.00 to 14.00, closed on Sunday and holiday
Extraordinary opening: Second Sunday of each month (from 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Guided tours: on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays at 12:30 (in Italian); on Saturday at 10.00 (in English); on second Sunday at 12:30 (with live music of the Renaissance, reservation required), at 15:00 and at 16:00 (no reservation required)
Extraordinary opening upon request, depending on the approval of the Director, for a minimum of 30 visitors.
Ticket with tour guided: € 6.00
Full ticket: € 6,00 ( 18 - 65 years);
Concessions: € 5,00
- 14-18 years;
- teachers with ID;
- over 65 years;
Reduced ticket: € 3,00
- 10-14 years;
- Elementary, middle and high school and University (with a letter from the school or identification cards)
- Children under 10 accompanied by parents;
- Journalists with identification card;
- Persons who are registered disabled, and their carer;
- Licensed tourist guides with identification card;
- ICOM card holders;
Visitors showing the Vatican Museums admission ticket (within 7 days from the date of use) will be granted a reduction on the entrance ticket to the Villa Farnesina.
After Agostino Chigi's death, the villa was bought by Cardinal Alessandro Farnese (from whom the Villa takes its name). It passed to the Bourbon family in 1714; and finally a long lease of the villa at ground rent was given to the Spanish Ambassador Bermudez de Castro, Duke of Ripetta, who later redeemed it. The Italian State bought the Villa from the Duke's heirs and in 1928 it was destined to become the home of the Reale Accademia d'Italia. After the suppression of the Accademia d'Italia in 1944, the villa became the property of the Lincei Academy, which, by law, had succeeded the suppressed Academy.
The palace today is the seat of the Accademia dei Lincei.
Prenotazione obbligatoria e-mail: email@example.com - tel. 0039 06 68027397 - 0039 06 68027538