Guided tours (by fax or email appointiment): Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 3.00 pm, 4.00 pm and 5.00 pm (duration: 45 minutes);
- Children older than 15 are admitted with their parents;
- Interpretation into other languages during visits is not permitted;
- Groups : 25 persons max;
- Please arrive 10 min. before the planned visit at the meeting point in front of the Embassy, on Piazza Farnese;
- Take with you a valid ID card or passport (no copy) and the booking confirmation;
- Taking pictures or filming is not permitted;
- Booking and payment only by Internet on the website www.inventerrome.com.
Guided tours: € 5,00
The facade overlooking Piazza Farnese was decorated by Michelangelo with the impressive upper cornice and over the central balcony he carved the irises of the Farnese coat of arms. The rear façade overlooking via Giulia is the best example of the building’s elegant architecture. Inside is the great three-nave atrium by Sangallo, whose entrance is from the courtyard surrounded by an arched portico. On the piano nobile is the famous Gallery that was frescoed between 1597 and 1604 by Annibale Carracci, aided by his brother Agostino, Domenichino and Giovanni Lanfranco. The great hall has a rich coffered ceiling, tapestries reproducing Raphael frescoes of the Vatican rooms and, at the sides of the fireplace, are the lying statues of Abundance and Peace by Guglielmo Della Porta. The near Sala dei Fasti Farnesiani was decorated by Francesco Salviati and the Zuccari brothers.