Address: Piazza Colonna, 355
Zone: Rione Colonna (Pantheon-Montecitorio-Barberini) (Roma centro)
Enter your starting address
Telephone: +39 06 69200497
Fax: +39 06 69200497
Web site: www.palazzoferrajoli.it
The building can be visited only during parties, congresses and exhibitions.
The building is at the corner between Via del Corso and Piazza Colonna, opposite Palazzo Chigi. Once the house of one of the branches of the Del Bufalo family, in the 16th century, it had at first partly frescoed facades. It was probably renewed by Giacomo Della Porta (1540-1602) and restored in 1626 by Francesco Peparelli for the marriage of Paolo Del Bufalo and a member of the Santacroce family. In 1728 the building was inherited by the marquises Niccolini, and in the 19th century it was bought by the marquises Ferrajoli. The four storey facade onto Piazza Colonna, is divided into four rusticated vertical bands, while between the second and third floor are string-courses. At the sides of the door are six huge workshop doors and four small doors. The mezzanine floor and the attic have square little framed windows, on the piano nobile are eleven architraved windows, the last of which opens onto a balcony at the corner of Via del Corso; the windows on the third floor have simple frames. The four storey façade onto Via del Corso, has workshop doors on ground level, small windows with little balconies at the mezzanine floor, on the left hand side of the piano nobile and on the third floor the windows look onto balconies supported by brackets. The cornice supported by brackets has rosettes and heraldic elements of the Ferrajoli family. On top is an altana with round arches. In the court yard is a fountain with the Ferrajoli coat of arms.
Culture and leisure › Cultural heritage › Architectural and historical heritage
Last checked: 2017-01-09 16:48