The building, also knows as Casino di Allegrezze or delle Statue, is located inside the Villa Doria Pamphily. It was built by Alessandro Algardi and GF Grimaldi in 1644-48, and has a palladian plan with a great round hall of two floors. At the first floor is a round hall rich of ancient statues and elegant classic stuccoes.Outside is a secret garden, according to the vogue of Rome in the second half of the 16th century. Bought with the villa by the State and the city of Rome in 1967, it is now the seat of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers.
Visits: tours to Casino dell'Algardi from October to June in the morning of Saturday (9.00 am - 1.00 pm) and by appointment only.
Visits, lasting about an hour, are free of charge and follow a set path.
Schools, cultural associations and individuals who wish to make a visit to Villa Algardi, can send a request to:
Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri
Segretariato generale - Dipartimento per le risorse strumentali
Presidio per gli Eventi e le Sedi Istituzionali
Fax: +39 06 67794677