08.30 - 16.30 from the last Sunday of October to February 15th
08.30 - 17.00 from February 16th to March 15th
08.30 - 17.30 from March 16th to last Saturday of March
08.30 - 19.15 from the last Sunday of March to August 31st
08.30 - 19.00 from September 1st to September 30th
08.30 - 18.30 from October 1st to last Saturday of October
Last admission 1 hour before closing time
Closed: December 25, January 1
Please note: for security reasons it is strictly forbidden to enter with backpacks, camping, bulky bags and luggage/trolley. Medium and small size backpacks can be introduced and must be screened by metal detectors, as any other bag. They must be opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection.
Due to new security measures it is necessary to arrive at least 30 minutes before the reservation at the ticket desk.
The ticket, valid also for and the archaeological area of the Roman Forum/Palatine Hill, can be purchased:
- at the ticket offices in Via di San Gregorio (Palatine), Largo Salara Vecchia - former Largo Romolo e Remo (Roman Forum), Piazza del Colosseo (Colosseum), - at the ticket offices of two museums: Palazzo Altemps and Terme di Diocleziano during their opening time (€ 2,00 booking fee).
- Third Ring and Hypogeum: access is also possible without guided tour at 13.40. Booking recommended at 0039 06 39967700.
Accessibility: The monument has a lift for the disabled. Please ask the staff at the ticket window to access the upper floors, where a technician is available to help people with disabilities. Accessible equipped toilet available.
Colosseum + Roman Forum/Palatine Hill Combined Ticket (valid for 2 days):
Adults: € 12,00
Concessions: € 7,50
- UE members between 18 and 25 years old
- European Union state teachers
PLEASE NOTE: the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill are located in the same archaeological area and count as one admission, therefore if you use the ticket or Roma Pass to get in once, it cannot be used again for the same site/area
- first Sunday of the month
- all visitors under the age of 18 years. Please note that children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult;
- Tourist Guides authorized by an European Union country, who can display a valid license issued by the pertinent authority;
- Tour Managers / Interpreters authorized by an European Union country to carry out their profession, who can display a valid license issued by the pertinent authority;
- Ministry of Cultural Heritage staff;
- Members of the I.C.O.M. (International Council of Museums) and I.C.C.R.O.M (International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property);
- Pre-booked groups or school groups – the size of which is established by the Manager of the site concerned - from private and state schools within the European Union accompanied by their teachers;
- Students attending higher training courses held at Ministry Schools (Central Institute for Restoration Studies, the Workshop for semi-precious stones, the School of Mosaic Restoration);
- Students taking a degree course, specialist degree or post-graduate specialization course and those pursuing a research doctorate and the academic staff from one of the following faculties: architecture, fine arts conservation, Humanities, Arts or philosophy oriented towards archaeology or art-history. The same applies to the academic staff and students from corresponding faculties, courses and institutions, Socrates and Erasmus projects in European Union countries provided students can prove that they are enrolled for the academic year in progress and academic staff can show an official document that proves their status (NOT for Third Age University);
- High/ secondary school History of Art teachers who can show an official document that proves their profession;
- Journalists of all nationalities with membership fees paid in full, as proof of activity.
- Any European Citizens who are disabled, and the family member or person accompanying them, who can provide proof from their national health/welfare service of their status.
- groups and/or authorities authorized by S.A.R., by showing a letter signed by the Soprintendenza; m. operators of voluntary associations that promote and disseminate the cultural heritage, in compliance with the Ministry of Culture Code, art. 112, paragraph 8;
- teaching staff with temporary or permanent contract in state schools by showing a certificate signed by the schools.
Roma Archeologia Card: Adults: € 23,00 Concessions: € 13,00 - valid for 7 days, it allows entance to Palazzo Massimo, Palazzo Altemps, Cripta Balbi, Terme di Diocleziano, Colosseo, Foro Romano e Palatino, Terme di Caracalla, Villa dei Quintili/Santa Maria Nova, Mausoleo di Cecilia Metella.
With the Archeological Card it is possible to skip the line.
Booked on line: + € 2,00 booking fee.
Inside the archaeological site (Roman Forum and Palatine), at no additional cost, you can visit the following monuments:
House of Augustus: www.060608.it/en/cultura-e-svago/beni-culturali/beni-archeologici/casa-di-augusto-sul-palatino-1.html
House of Livia: www.060608.it/en/cultura-e-svago/beni-culturali/beni-archeologici/casa-di-livia.html
Arcate Severiane: http://www.060608.it/en/cultura-e-svago/beni-culturali/beni-archeologici/arcate-severiane.html
Temple of Romulus: from 8.30 am to closing time of the Palatine Hill/Roman Forum
HOW TO BOOK:
Individuals: € 2,00 booking fee for individual visitors recommended for skipping the queue
- tel. +39 0639967700 Credit Cards Only, (Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.00pm, Sat 9.00am-2.00pm), on line www.coopculture.it/colosseo-e-shop.cfm
From your smartphone when you are waiting in line at the Colosseum through Mobile Ticketing
- Groups: booking is required for organized groups of 14 visitors or more, up to a maximum of 50 people, at tel. +39 0639967450 (Credit Cards Only, Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.00pm, Sat 9.00am-2.00pm), or www.coopculture.it/colosseo-e-shop.cfm. Group booking fee: € 28,00 up to 14 visitors (from the 15th visitors on an extra fee of € 2,00 per person is required, payable at the ticket office). Booking includes the compulsory rent of radio-guides; entrance ticket not included.
- School groups: a € 15,00 for school group advance booking is required, max 50 students, tel. +39 0639967200 (Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.00pm, Sat 9.00am-2.00pm)
Please show up at the ticket office 30 minutes in advance with your booking reference number.
Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseo can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors.
Roma Pass: the Museum is included in Roma Pass.
Visits for individuals
language: English, Spanish, French
participants: up to 40 pax
duration: about 45 min
cost: € 5.00
reservation: suggested +39 06 399 67 700
English: from Monday to Sunday at 10.15 - 11.15 - 12.30 - 13.45 - 15.00 - 16.15 - 17.15
Spanish: from Monday to Sunday at 10.30 - 11.30 - 12.45 - 14.45 – 16.00 – 17.00
French: from Monday to Sunday at 11.00
Visits for groups
hours: on request
languages: English, Italian, French, German, Spanish
persons: max 30
duration: 45 minutes
price: € 130,00
languages: English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Latin, Portuguese, Asl (American Sign Language)
duration: 1 hour and 10 minutes
price: € 5,50
languages: English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese
duration: 45 minutes
price: € 6,00
Info and booking (Credit Cards Only):
- individuals: +39 0639967700 (Monday-Friday: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm; Saturday: 9.00 am - 2.00 pm)
- groups: +39 0639967450 (Monday-Friday: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm; Saturday: 9.00 am - 2.00 pm)
- schools: 848 082 408/ from Mobile and from abroad +39 06 399 67 200 (Monday-Friday: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm; Saturday: 9.00 am - 2.00 pm)